Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Virgin Diet

As I told someone "I don't understand, you cannot un-ring that bell." : )
Apparently it is the author's last name ... and a great marketing gimmick I suspect, will catch people's attention. My sister started it as she was reading the book while here this summer; she & my mother are planning to follow the plan. Basic premise is food elimination for 3-7 weeks in order to determine if there is a food intolerance.

7 foods to eliminate is soy, egg, dairy, peanuts, corn, sugar and gluten. For 3 weeks you do not eat any of the foods in ANY form, including as additives in sauces, salad dressings, ketchup ... EVERYTHING, especially sugar & gluten, actually soy. Crazy!

After listening more, I discussed the idea with Jai for us to consider doing it together. "Under distress" Jai says he'll do it. I think it will be a good plan to break some bad habits of eating too much. I also was not being faithful to my pledge in May to help with my insane allergies issue - no dairy, corn, potato, sugar, wheat. I was good for last 3 weeks of school which is amazing because there is lots of tempting foods in a school. Jai also gained lots of weight in 2012 - stress related to Jacqueline's birth & summer travel.

Part of it for me is calorie intake (food) and calories burned (exercise/movement). As I head back to work next week, I'm excited to have a return to a routine - getting up at 5am will be necessary in order to exercise/shower at the Y & be on the road by 7am in order to get to work on time. I want to miss those school zones on Gallatin Road! I also am going to use FitDay again to log my food & activities in order to monitor my calorie balance.

My goal is to lose 23 pounds in 11 weeks by Oct. 8 - Fall Break in PHX!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment