Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pool Time

There are so many great things about summer - warm weather, NPL summer reading program (SRP), and of course the pool.

When people asked me what I planned to do this summer ... my answer was take care of Julia. Technically it's summer vacation, I don't go to work; however, life with a baby isn't that different from maternity leave.

I'm not able to go to the Y and take my daily class or lay by the pool and read my fluff books for the SRP. I do these things occasionally now, but this is what I did almost every day during my previous summer breaks. Since I have a small baby I have to be extra careful about how much time we're outside, especially when it's HOT, and sun exposure. I slather Julia with TONS of sun screen/block ... as long as you get the right stuff, chemical free, yada, yada, yada.

Usually I take Julia to the pool for 30-45 minutes at a time. It takes us more time to get ready and walk there! : ) Julia has an adorable swimming suit, 2 piece that is an adventure to put on; she models it well. She likes to splash the water with her hands like she's in the bath! Julia absolutely LOVES the water, first she puts her face in it, tries to drink it, then she'll fling her head & arms back so she can "float." HILARIOUS!

Next year will be even more fun as she'll be walking. I wonder when she'll be asking to go down the slide! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment