Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fraternity Initiation

Walking around with Julia this past weekend I felt like I had been initiated into a fraternity, and I guess on one level I have. Everywhere I went other men, presumably fathers, would wish me a Happy Father's Day and I got this sense that they were also saying "Now, you are one of us."

I thought it was cool. I am now in that fraternity of fathers, older than the Freemasons, older than Omega Psi Phi, older than Skull & Bones and more inclusive than any of them.

I skipped membership in fraternities throughout college and post college but I am now a very proud member of Delta Alpha Delta (Δ Α Δ) or Dad.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

----------------
Now playing: Larry McCray - Delta Hurricane
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment