Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back Home

I didn't write ANYTHING after that first day back to work. Once the euphoria of freedom evaporated into a cloud of exhaustion, I don't have time to write blog posts. I wake early to get everything ready for work, feed Julia and myself, then I'm out the door, usually early which has been refreshing for my co-workers. As soon as the work day is complete, meaning the school bell has rung and kids dismissed for the buses, my stuff is packed and I head home.

Once home I'm excited to see Jai and Julia, but the work continues. I clean pumping gear, take a shower, feed Julia, eat dinner, visit with Jai, feed Julia again, and get ready for bed (all from 5-9pm). Once Julia started sleeping consistently throughout the night (about first week in May) I get more constant, longer stretches of sleep and I feel much better and stronger. Still exhausted, but people tell us that will be the case for a few years.

I am glad to be home, I was ready for the school year to end. 4 weeks was a good amount of time to "test the waters," see how pumping went, see how Julia & Jai did, give Tara a break from 10 hours/day in baby world.

After being home ONE day and Julia didn't nap well AT ALL, I greeted Jai at the door with my car keys and purse and said "see you later." I left Julia in the bouncy seat in the hall. I went to the grocery store, we needed food, but I needed a BREAK! Already! : )

Luckily like most adjustments, I know I'll get there. I'm glad to not be pumping 3 times a day - that's stressful. It actually made me appreciate the art & beauty & simplicity of breastfeeding. Pumping is necessary when we're apart, but otherwise I don't want to do it. The next 8 weeks will fly by and I know Julia & I will have a great time together. We usually do.

I suspect I'll be ready to go back to work, too! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment