Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day 2009

This is a really old post - over 2 years ago!

I found the title in Drafts file. I wonder what I was going to write about Jai's first Father's Day. We went to Chicago to introduce Julia to Jai's relatives when she was 6 months old. It was a tension filled weekend, in particular between me Jai's aunt.

That's nothing new, we usually have many moments of tension. I don't like to be pushed around; I'm vocal in my opinions, especially quite protective as a new mother I remember. Jai's aunt is the same actually; she's opinionated also so that leads to some conflict; poor Jai is usually in the middle.

I remember that we decided we wouldn't travel again during Father's Day if we can manage it. We've been successful once so far - this year! We never travel during Mother's Day - mainly because it's in May. I'm usually still working; I'm off in June so we tend to travel. Plus my mother lives here so we usually celebrate together.

Regardless we'll try to honor Jai's request to spend Father's Day as a family in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment