Friday, March 22, 2013

SB 2013 - Phoenix - Day 1 - Arrival

We arrived on Thursday evening in Phoenix for Spring Break 2013, barely alive, really exhausted! Unfortunately we no longer hold the title of "family traveling with well-behaved children." Verbal we know is going to happen - come on that's a given, especially with no naps. However, farting (OLDER one blaming it on the baby though so glad it was NOT a diaper explosion or vomiting like trip to Boston in June 2012) and screaming (YOUNGER one, OMG what a cry-baby!) and moving all over the place (BOTH of them) are not qualities I enjoy on a 4 hour flight with a 2 hour time difference. Also that means it was almost 8:00pm (BEDTIME) when we arrived at 5:45pm. :-(

3 seats is not enough space for 4 bodies, especially when the "lap baby" was not interested in staying in a lap. Jacqueline LOVED sitting on the floor & crawling around at our feet! It was kind of cute, but yet difficult to keep track of her. Sadly we had WAY too much stuff again even though we packed less all-around. I don't know what the difference is from October other than age, especially for Jacqueline (9 months vs. 14 months now). Maybe the flight time as it's barely more than an hour to Chicago and around 2 hours to Boston (though we had a plane change in Baltimore). All I know is it was not pleasant.

I am NOT looking forward to getting on the flight back to Nashville on Wednesday. I hope all will go well though the flight is at 6:25am (OMG! What was I thinking when I bought the tickets!?!?!?). I need to look at price for a 4th seat! : )

I am hoping the weather is better than when we left on Thursday as it is gorgeous in Phoenix. Shorts for everyone today & I'm sure for the rest of the days we're here! I'm not sure my sister will want us to visit again until these girls are older. I'm not sure I want to visit until that time plus we need to save some more money as 4 tickets will be much more expensive!

I forgot to write that after getting all of our stuff in the house and Susie & Julia go get pizza for dinner, we eat of course. Then Susie, Julia & I drive to her friend Carrie's house (about 20 minutes away) to pick up her 2nd vehicle, a Toyota Highlander, that she's letting us borrow while we're in Phoenix. So nice! It is saving us some serious cash to not have to rent a van. So grateful for good friends!!!! Driving back in Susie's car, Julia was in back seat, much more quiet than on the drive there, so tired. I really don't understand why she woke up so early the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment