Sunday, February 17, 2013

Family Visit

My dad, step-mother & half-sister visited us for the post-Valentine's weekend. The visit was in honor of my dad's birthday earlier in week & V-day & of course to see the grand kids. It was nice to see them. On Friday Lisa cooked a pasta dish for dinner & also provided dessert, a HUGE key lime cake her friend created. It was a green color I've never seen on a cake! We all enjoyed it ... everyone except for Jacqueline. She must be a "cake monster" only for Mommy's cakes! : )

Again it was nice to see them as we've only Skyped a few times since their last visit in November. Julia went to church on Saturday with my step-mother while I exercised & showered at the Y. My dad & Lisa & Jacqueline napped. Jai hid in kitchen & cleaned up breakfast dishes!: )

Jai & I got a DATE NIGHT also! They love playing with the girls so it was a win-win. : ) We saw "Life of Pi" in 3D - incredible! It was so good, fascinating story & amazing visuals. Also I was able to check off a 8-9 nominations on Oscar ballot! : )  Then we ate dinner at Athens - I had a yummy fish dish, Jai had chicken.
When we returned at 8p (the movie was at 3:20pm), they said "you're back early ... what happened?" We thought it was late! : )

Hopefully we'll get to Chattanooga to visit Lisa in March or April, then planning a road trip in NC in July probably. Our next trip is to Phoenix during Spring Break - 4 additional people in my sister's medium sized 2 bedroom/1 bathroom house. FUN! FUN! : )




No comments:

Post a Comment