Sunday, February 24, 2013

Downton Abbey 2/17/13

Susie didn't send me quotes from 2/3/13 & 2/10/13 (not sure what happened).
I decided to write some from season 3's season finale before I delete it from DVR. So sad to have to wait until January 2014 for new DA episodes!

Pregnant Mary (yeah, Matthew & Mary!) - always critical of Edith, still seems kinder though not towards Edith's editor.

I do NOT understand what direction that story is going! I like Michael Gregson & Edith writing for the newspaper though Robert does not!Is Edith going to become Mr. Gregson's mistress?

While the family is on holiday in Scotland
Jimmy/Alfred: Will we have some time off?
Carson: I don't understand. As someone forgotten to pay your wages?

Then when everyone wants to go to fair in Thirsk
Carson: What are we paying them for? ... I don't believe it. Must I be undermined at every turn?
Ms. Hughes: You were young once.
Carson: I'm young now ... I'm not old.

Rose's mother (distant cousin in Scotland): Rose, you are not wearing that dress.
Rose: Daddy, please stick up for me!
Rose's mother to R's father: She looks like a slut in that dress.
Cousin Violet: Good heavens. That's not often a word you hear among the heather.

Watching Mosley's drunken loud dancing
Robert: They do say there's a wild man inside all of us.
Dowager: If only he would stay inside.

O'Brien meeting her match with the lady's maid equivalent in Scotland.

Tom - struggling to find his place & role in the family & Downton community, missing Sybil so much! I feel for him, but the maid Edna was not appropriate! I love how supportive Ms. Hughes is.

Then Carson being sweet with baby Sybbie & sentimental about Lady Sybil!

Romance/Friendship
Flirtation with Dr. Clarkson & Mrs. Crawley - they'd be a good pair!

James/Jimmy being friendly with Thomas - so sweet, I really like that resolution.

Such sweet moments with Anna & Bates - picnic, cheering up Rose, Anna dancing the reel & surprising everyone - I want them to have a baby!

Finally the arrival of baby Crawley, new heir to Downton. So sad about ending ... why did Dan Stevens think leaving the series makes any kind of career sense?
It shall be interesting to see what happens with Mary and being a new mother & widow and still really young even for 1920s.

No comments:

Post a Comment