Sunday, February 3, 2013

Downton Abbey 1/13/13

I appreciate my sister sending me some of our favorite moments to relive the episode.  Poor Edith!

Edith: Isn't it exciting?
Granny: At my age, one must ration one's excitement.

Granny: I really think you should to go to bed. No bride wants to look tired at her wedding. It either means she is anxious or been up to no good.
Edith: I will not sleep a wink.
Sybil: Tonight or tomorrow?
Granny: Sybil, vulgarity is no substitute for wit.
Sybil: Well, you started it!
(Edith giggling)
Oh, my goodness, the look Granny gives Sybil is awesomely priceless! :D

Mama/Granny: Robert, Edith is beginning her life as an old man's drudge. I should not have thought a large drawing room much compensation.
Robert: Why dwell on that now?
Mama/Granny: Because I want the pleasure of saying I told you so.

Lady Grantham/Violet/Granny: He looks as if he is waiting for a beating from the headmaster.
Vicar/Pastor: Do you think I should reassure him?
Lady Grantham/Violet/Granny: How? He has done it before, so he must be in possession of all the facts.

Somebody needs to eat the cake and drink the champagne!

Lady Grantham/Cora: Carson, I do not want Edith to see any of the wedding food.
Carson: Mrs. Hughes and Anna are taking what is left down to Mr. Travis tomorrow, m'lady, for the poor.
Lady Grantham/Violet: If the poor do not want it, you can bring it over to me. (smirking)

[sad commentary and that woeful music]
Anna: What would you like me to get you?
Edith: A different life.

And the war between Ms. O'Brien and Thomas, love budding with Alfred and Daisy, and possibly Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes are delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment