Sunday, February 3, 2013

Downton Abbey 1/27/13

More quotes from awesome show, thanks again to sister, Susie. 
This was a tear jerker episode! Poor Sybil, Tom & Cora!

Mrs. Patmore: Why are you talking about having babies for, Ivy? I think we can leave that for a little further down the menu, thank you.
James: It is always an idea to be prepared.
Thomas: I expect you are always prepared.
James: I try to be, Mr. Barrow.
Mr. Carson: I do not like the direction this conversation is taking. Could we all begin the day's tasks, please?
Ivy: It is exciting though isn't it, to have a baby in the house?
Daisy: It will not make much difference to you. Now get back in the kitchen and do as you are told!

Mrs. Crawley/Isobel: Where will you go?
Mrs. Bird: Back to Manchester and stay with my sister. She says there is plenty of work for a plain cook these days.
Mrs. Crawley/Isobel: And they will find one in you. Goodbye, Mrs. Bird, and good luck.

Cora: Your grandmother will be with us every night until the baby is born.
Lady Grantham/Granny/Violet: I hate to get news secondhand.

Matthew: Edith, have you written back to your editor yet?
Lady Grantham/Granny/Violet: What is this?
Matthew: Edith has had an invitation to write a newspaper column.
Lady Grantham/Granny/Violet: And when may she expect an offer to appear on the London stage?

Mrs. Crawley: Are you all right, Ethel? Only I heard a shout.
Ethel: Fine, ma'am. Everything is fine. It is a kidney souffle, ma'am.
Mrs. Crawley: A kidney souffle? Isn't that a bit adventurous?
Ethel: I have seen Mrs. Patmore do it a hundred times.
Mrs. Crawley: Yes, but she cannot have begun her career as a cook by making a kidney souffle.
Ethel: Shall I try something else, ma'am?
Mrs. Crawley: No. If we are to avoid a midnight feast, it is too late to turn back.

Mrs. Hughes: But Ethel has given all that up.
Mr. Carson: I did not think she was running a brothel in Mrs. Crawley's kitchen!

Lady Grantham/Granny/Violet: Well, do not look at me. Cora is right. The decision lies with the chauffeur.

Once again, Susie forgot the scene between Mary & Edith as they discuss the need to be nicer sisters to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment