Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rushing Part 3

Really! Seriously! My last statement in previous post is so not realistic. Anyone who has seen my house or calendar & the many lists I have, constantly making, editing, crossing off stuff, knows that I am Queen of Multi-Tasking. As much as it seems like a good idea it's not the best plan to do multiple tasks at the same time. Folding laundry while watching TV maybe, writing blog post while pumping, yes possibly, but most tasks need a certain amount of majority attention.

So I forgot to mention about getting home to eat lunch quickly before heading to 1p clinic appt. 
Yep, after the 10am movie, I have my annual well woman exam. It actually worked out in my favor as I went alone & it was quite lovely. I listened to my audio book (Man Made) during drive over & back. Also while waiting in exam room I read book #4 of 5 (Mindy Kaling's satirical memoir) in NPL's Summer Reading Program. Really funny book, I love "The Office" too!

Then after Julia's nap, I decide to go to Y to read book. I dropped girls at Y Play for 45 minutes of quiet time to read book as it was due yesterday. I'm almost finished! I get home at 5pm to feed Jacqueline. However, she fell asleep so had to pump as I'm rushing to leave to pick up Anne Marie (we're carpooling to save the earth & also difficult parking situation). We're going to see "My Sister's Sister" at the Belcourt Theater. Yep I'm seeing another movie, this time without my children. 

We're late of course so running to get ticket so can get code for parking pass. Whew! We're inside finally & we get into DARKEST theater ever, searching for seats & sit down. We're briefly talking, whispering I believe, about what happened, what we missed & we got shushed! We are at the Belcourt so I'm sure that's part of it. So fancy! Really though! The woman stands up with this man, whom we did NOT see sitting there,  & says "of all the seats in this theater you choose this row & then you have to talk" & walks off to some other dark row of seats. Seriously! We just sat down, hardly said anything & not that loud. I doubt you missed anything! I barely thought about it until after the movie, half expecting her to find us & chew us out again. However, when the lights appeared (barely!) it was like the few people in the theater had disappeared into thin air. Strange! Good movie though.

OK so here's another funny tidbit going back to NPL Summer Reading Program. I try to participate every year & this year we registered Julia too. She completed hers, but I forgot to log her 5th star before the deadline. I was doing that last night & also going to log in my 4th star & I cannot find the icon on NPL website. Odd! Then I realize the date & the deadline was LAST Saturday, not this Saturday as I think it is. Trying to reach my goal, cross another item off my list. DANG IT! I was so close too. Jai completed his 5th star on-line so he gets a prize. Oh, well, next year. However, I decided to continue to think this Saturday is my deadline. My 5th star is this YA book "Planet Tad" written by a writer for Daily Show so you know it's funny. It's hilarious! It's written from the perspective of a 7th grade boy & every day is a blog post so wicked easy to read; I'll be done in no time. 3 months a day is my goal. Whatever your age, whether or not you've worked with or lived with a middle school boy, you will enjoy this book. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment