Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rushing Part 2

OMG! First of all, Julia got it right. She's amazing! Yet I'm focusing on the wrong things. This is time with my family. The other stuff doesn't matter.

The activity is going to see a movie that costs $1 per person. It doesn't matter if we're on time. There probably aren't any previews either which I love. Plus I feel bad & angry trying to do so much that I'm not enjoying the current activity as I think of a zillion other tasks.

I say "come on, Tara - suck it up! Be late! Who cares! Go to the movie with your family." I finish with Jacqueline, put clothes in dryer, hang clothes on line outside (I have to, it's really hot so they'll be dry by the time we return) while Jai puts kids in car seats. I eat my cereal in the car & we arrive at theater in 10 minutes. We pay $3 for tickets & with Regal Crown Club card purchase of tickets on a Tuesday, we receive $2 small popcorn vouchers. Sweet! I buy 2 bags of popcorn = grand total of $7 for this movie experience. Jai & girls are already in theater which is semi-crowded. We climb over a family to seats in middle of row & settle in to watch movie "Rio" which came out last year.

Julia has her own bag of popcorn - so fun for her! : )
I hold baby while Jai eats popcorn from other bag.
Then we switch & he holds Jacqueline while I eat popcorn & watch movie.
I get Jacqueline back & nurse her to sleep for rest of movie.

This Summer Movie Express is a great program. $1 admission on Tuesdays & Wednesdays for 10am showing of "older" movies. You don't have to have children to attend, but most of the movies are aimed at kids plus much more affordable movie going experience for families.

"Rio" was great! Good music, fun story, set in Rio de Janiero, Brazil of course during Carnival. Julia was slightly loud at a few points, asking questions about the story.  It especially seemed like she talked loudly during a quiet moment, & we reminded her to whisper. No one shushed us though as the theater was filled with families with small children. As we left the theater we saw a friend Lisa with her children & she said this was their first time here all summer. Definitely need to do this next summer, especially on hot or rainy days!

Be late, do less tasks, be happy with the now! Rushing around is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment