Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How's it going?

The question everybody asks when discussing my life as a stay-at-home dad.

My new answer is going to be something like...

I prepare Julia's breakfast, I feed her, I clean her up and I try to get her to sleep. Followed almost immediately by I prepare Julia's lunch, I feed her, I clean her up and I try to get her to sleep. After that I prepare Julia's late lunch, I feed her, I clean her up and I try to get her to sleep. Finally I get to prepare Tara's (and mine) dinner, then I clean the kitchen.

After I get to eat I still have time to prepare Tara's breakfast and lunch, clean the kitchen again and wait to change Julia's diaper before I go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how familiar!!! My back went out several years ago, and it was one of the best weeks of my motherhood. I read three books and David stayed home and did what I usually do. (I still helped entertain the kids some, though.) He collapsed on the couch at the end of one day, looking bombarded. I asked what he was thinking about. "Your life," he replied. You don't really know it until you experience it. My back going out was worth it all.

    ReplyDelete