Monday, September 29, 2008

Burn, Baby, Burn!

The joy & pain of heartburn - not sure where the joy is, other than the baby moving higher so maybe there's some relief from pressure on the bladder. The pain I am familiar with - oh, my goodness! I guess I didn't pay attention to my reading material and possible issues to come and was really feeling miserable and trying to figure out what I was doing/eating to contribute to the problem. Then Jai sent me an article about week 29-30 and it clicked. Even though it's not pleasant, the information was strangely comforting ... for a bit!

I never really understood heartburn and indigestion, didn't have much compassion for regular sufferers. I've had it occasionally, but nothing major. Luckily I didn't have much issue in the first and second trimesters, but it is a regular, daily, frequent occurrence now. I've never drank so much chamomile tea in my life! Crystallized ginger "candy" helps sometimes, too. I definitely feel for people who suffer and don't always have an end in sight - at least I'm hopeful my discomfort will end when I have the baby. My mom said she remembers waking up after giving birth to my sister and I and thinking "I don't have heartburn." : )

No comments:

Post a Comment