Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sight Reading

I went out to an adult activity in the evening this week! : )
It was a book reading at Parnassus Books bookstore in Green Hills - very glamorous & exciting.
I love books though so it was perfect, especially I try to read more in the summer.

Daphne Kalotay has a new book entitled Sight Reading; she was in Nashville for a conference.
Daphne is the childhood pal of one of my Wellesley College friends.
Thank goodness Elizabeth emailed Jai on FB who forwarded it to me & I didn't have another engagement.
It was fun even though I haven't read the book or her first novel, Russian Winter.
However, I'm intrigued by the description so look forward to getting it from NPL soon.
One of the reviews said if you liked Bel Canto by Anne Patchett, then you'll like this book.
I really enjoyed BC - Anne P also co-owns Parnassus Books.

Thanks good friend for great suggestion! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment