Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Mommy

It was one of my best birthdays with few presents or a big party.
The recognition & excitement of a 3 year old made this day extra special!
Julia was so cute - constantly saying "Happy Birthday" for days before as she couldn't quite remember the exact date so she was covering all her bases. : )

I had to work which is typical, especially working in middle & high schools, I was used to going back to work 1-2 weeks before Aug. 1. Last year I transferred to an elementary school & it was the first year I started AFTER my birthday. However, this year MNPS switched to a "balanced" calendar so school started earlier & actually the first day is today. It's OK - I like the balanced idea so working on my birthday is fine.

When I arrived home, there was a Happy Birthday banner with "words" written all over it. Jai wrote the HB message & transcribed Julia's other words as well as Julia's art decorated this HB card. It was awesome! It made my day! Later we went to the Farmer's Market & Turnip Truck for weekly groceries & met my mom who had brought dinner too. At home we ate yummy food from Istanbul Restaurant (love that place!) & also ice cream for dessert. I also opened a few cards & present from Bonnie (gift card to TT!!!); Jai's present is in the mail ... : )

It was a perfect birthday celebration - simple, with family, good food, at least 1 present. Nothing else required. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment