Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to Work Part 2

I'm tired. I'm not getting enough sleep.
I'm tired also of pumping 3x a day, wondering if I'm going to have enough EBM.
Jacqueline is 7 months, healthy, doing fine, still gaining weight, has a great personality.
I also have a freezer full of breast milk, but I have to be careful how/when I use it.

So I had a knot on Sunday in my right breast. Really strange!
Maybe it's pumping related as I haven't had a knot in months.
I barely had engorgement issues even in beginning days, not like with Julia.
It took 2 days of serious efforts, including Tiger Balm & even more diligent feedings.
Finally it is gone, but my supply, at least from what I pump at work, took a hit.
I'm taking extra Fenugreek pills to see if that will help.
I'm also working with Jacqueline to make sure her latch is good.
I noticed she was slipping a bit, tugging more so I'm slighly raw & irritated.

Then there's the sleep deprivation.
She's reverse cycling & feeding more at night.
Come on! A woman needs her sleep!

Driving to work this morning, I thought 5 more months ... I can do it.
Of course that's no question! I'll get more sleep one of these days.
This has been a cake walk compared to the hard work I put in to feed Julia.
She got breast milk for 14 months; one year is my minimum.
That is my goal for Jacqueline, too.

Many debate whether breast is best & is formula really poison.
Also people discuss whether breast milk makes your child smarter, for example.
There are other reasons why a formula fed child could be smart ... like genetics.
We know that Julia is brillant for that reason. : )
However, formula is made by people, in a factory, filled with perservatives.
Breast milk is made by my body, filled with great food & nutrients I eat.

Alright, somehow I got on my BF soapbox AGAIN.
I'm really tired & ready for a vacation already.
As a parent I feel like there never is a break.
They are small like when I take a shower or walk the dog.
I guess I have to take it when I get it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment