Friday, March 9, 2012

The Weights of JSS

Another old post, relying on memory for my original intent ...
It has been an interesting experience the past few weeks as I watch Jacqueline grow & grow she has.
After my stressful/scary times with Julia's weight challenges, I was prepared to have a similar experience with Jacqueline, especially as she was smaller at birth. Ironically my anxiety created a very vigilant attendant to feeding & making sure she was on the breast often. The scale (we bought one when Julia was 6 months old, best purchase EVER!) keeps saying she is gaining as do the number of diapers we change. However, for many reasons I cannot relax, continuing to not believe the scale or reassurances from family, friends, LLL leaders. I mark the daily chart religiously in case I need the information to discern when & where the problem began & how to fix it. I also pump most mornings & evenings in case I need extra milk. Really there never has been a problem other than in my head &amp. Also I have a freezer FULL of breast milk ... another post on that situation/dilemma. It's a good dilemma to have actually, but a potential conflict at times too.

Keep growing healthy, strong & beautiful, Jacqueline. You're doing an awesome job & I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment