Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby # 2

We're having another baby due in January 2012. 

We were slow to tell people again (14-15 weeks), this time we haven't even sent a mass email, just word of mouth. We're excited & happy, but tired usually, so don't think about it.  Once again the gender is unknown as we like the surprise. We're working with same midwifery center affiliated with Vanderbilt Hospital; actually our primary midwife is Soheyl again which is super cool as she was the person on duty when we went into labor with Julia. We're planning on attempting a VBAC with high hopes for a successful delivery & not a repeat C-section.

All is well with the pregnancy, I'm just so tired, more than I remember last time, but that's because I have a little person to hang out with when I come home from work. Little time to rest as I did often while pregnant with Julia. : ) We're not doing any of the interventions/tests - only did the ultrasound at 20 weeks which was cool, made everything seem more real.  Even though I'm 41 I'm a healthy person & don't feel like it's necessary to spend time & money on tests. Once again I got an interesting response from the midwife when I went for my last appointment & we discussed my next visit at 28 weeks (Oct. 26) for the glucose test. I said I wasn't going to do it. I know I wrote a post in 2008 about a similar conversation with them about refusing the test. Most people must do it even those women who have a midwife as their medical provider.

Anyway, this baby is definitely different in utero, much more active & busy, especially when I'm trying to rest or sleep. Julia was way more mellow inside, compared to outside now! : ) I am really curious to meet this individual, male or female; I know they will be different babies & children. Hopefully I won't compare them too much which I know is difficult. I also am trying to be more excited, but it is second time & I'm not really into being pregnant. I hate the constant bathroom visits & heartburn discomfort, both of which started WAY earlier this time! : ( I'm sure this baby will have lots of hair too which I don't need heartburn to tell me! However, I'm excited & curious about breastfeeding despite that constant work of feeding a baby & of course sleep deprivation. I'm hopeful that this time we'll have more success earlier with breastfeeding, with fewer complications & issues. At least one of us will have some experience & lots of support from La Leche League & other friends. : )

Congratulations as Julia likes to say when she uses the toilet. So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment