Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hypothyroidism - is that what I have?

Maybe finally an answer to a health mystery I feel I've been dealing with for years!

Reading the book Living Well with Hypothyroidism (Mary Shomon) has been hugely helpful. There's a checklist that confirms the MANY symptoms I experience most days.

Update on 10-17-11
This post is the final one of the draft titles I started in March. Yeah, I might be close to writing a real, live, current post! : )

This one I actually wrote something before I abandoned the blog! Ironically nothing really changed. I read the book, did the checklist, went back to clinic for follow-up blood work, got a referral to an endocrinologist who I saw in May & didn't like his personality or attitude towards me or my research. His answer is that I'm fatigued, like it's a relatively new concept. Yeah, like when I was pregnant & now have a small child. No, I explained to him, but he didn't listen, this is an issue I've had for a long time.

Whatever, I'll work on my health with other supports since that was a waste of a $35 co-pay.


1 comment:

  1. I am very pleased with natural thyroid product. It increases my libido and strength back to normal.

    ReplyDelete