Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cake Monster

We have a situation. Jacqueline loves cake!
Cake or muffin or biscuit - doesn't matter, she likes it!
Jai thinks it's my homemade stuff, but I'm not sure.

Every time she sees something that resembles cake or muffin or biscuit, she goes crazy, clapping her hands, making noises LOUDLY. It's funny, but I think we have a serious situation.

Julia is a fan of dessert - understatement! She ate her applesauce birthday cake, but it wasn't anything overly enthusiastic. However, her love of dessert started about 2 years ago & now it's become standard to hear "what's for dessert?" even when she's not eating much for dinner.

Everyone loves my applesauce birthday cake. It's pretty darn yummy, moist, good balance of healthy and not too sweet. Well, I made a carob cake this week. Some people call carob "hippie chocolate" (recent "New Girl" episode). Jacqueline went crazy for it too!! : )

Luckily most of my homemade creations are healthy, local and/or organic ingredients if possible. I doubt my children will be obese unless they stop moving ... I would like that sometimes, but they are normal age-appropriate children. Eating dessert is OK as long as you eat foods in a healthy balance.

Hippie chocolate - love it too! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment