Monday, December 26, 2011

A girl & her harmonica

One of our friends from church, actually my co-worker's husband, gave me a harmonica the other day - for Julia I assumed! : ) We're not into gifts for Christmas anymore & we'd done some of her birthday gifts over the last few weeks (from Uncles Mike & Chad, from Grandma Bonnie, from us). Also she'd gotten her Christmas/birthday gifts from Angel & Dawn last weekend plus the NEW bed so I didn't want to make a big deal about another present. I had a small stocking from gift from A&D so I put the harmonica in it, 1 to hide it from sight, 2 to be able to present the "gift" on Christmas. When I gave it Julia, she was so excited & curious. Jai showed her how to use it, basic instructions, then she played it for hours (it seems like it!). However, it wasn't annoying, it's adorable! Julia is actually quite good. Then today she picks it up again & starts playing some more. It's hilarious yet it sounds really good! She has my beauty & Jai's musical ear. Well, I played the flute in school band for 7 years so I contributed some talent, too. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment