Thursday, February 10, 2011

Do we live in Minnesota?


TN snow in 2011
Originally uploaded by bmitd67
What is going on with the weather this winter? OMG!
We finally went to school ALL 5 days last week. We didn't do that 1 week in January.
We attended school 13 days in January! This is insane!

Once again snow fell in middle TN on Wednesday afternoon & into the evening. MNPS schools dismissed 2 hours early which is a good thing because the snow started falling around 1:30pm & picked up speed by 3pm & kept going for the next 4-5 hours. Luckily I was home with Julia, though I stupidly sent Jai to work a few hours at NPL (he went today & got most of his hours which he could done anyway!). Fortunately Jai made it home safely. According to the news & hearing my brother's journey from work, many people had challenging trips home in the cold temperatures & snowy/icy road conditions.

We're out of school again tomorrow which makes like 10 or 11 days total SO FAR! I typically work the week after school is out so at this point I'll be at work until June 13 or something crazy like that! I'm going to have about 5 weeks of summer break since I return 2 weeks before teachers. UGH! It's nice to be off, but I abhor cold weather so I'm stuck in the house. That's not bad overall, but in the summer I'd rather be at the pool. Oh, well, I don't control the weather so I'm making the most of spending time with Jai & Julia. At least I don't have to figure out child care with I'm home for a snow day. : )

HAPPY SNOW DAY!

P.S. This written by Tara, but posted from Flicker so that's why it says Jai

No comments:

Post a Comment